Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Little Fall Inspiration

Fall is by far my favorite season!  I have loved every moment of getting to decorate our first home during this season.  I love using pumpkins to decorate because they can stay out all season and and are appropriate decor for both Halloween and Thanksgiving.  My thinking is if you are going to spend time and money decorating, you might as well make your decor something that you can keep out for a while!  I thought I would show you a few things I have made to decorate our home for the Fall season. 

I apologize for not having step by step photos.  I did these projects before I started my blog so I only have photos of the finished products.

I made this wreath for our front door. 

I bought the wreath, pumpkin, and decorative berries from Hobby Lobby.  I love shopping at Hobby Lobby but if things are not on sale they can be a bit pricey.  They usually always offer a 40% off one regular priced item coupon.  You can print it right off of their website, here is the link... Hobby Lobby coupon

The ribbon and leaves are from Dollar Tree.  A little hot glue and whala...you have a cute Fall wreath!  I think I spent about $8 total to make this wreath!  Not too bad!


I also made these fun fabric pumpkins! 




I got the idea over at Little Big Nest Blog, if you want to make your own fabric pumpkins she explains how to do so step by step!  They are so simple and fun to make.  All you need is some fabric, a sheet of newspaper and a roll of toilet paper!  I just grabbed some sticks from my yard and added some Dollar Tree leaves, raffia, and the left over berries from my wreath for some finishing touches!  These little pumpkins have found a home on our dining room table along with some acorn filled candle holders!

I think to make all 3 pumpkins I only spent about $11.  You can't beat making your own decor...it is a lot cheaper (usually), you can make it custom to fit the decor of your home, and most of all you will have the satisfaction of knowing you made it! 

It's not too late to make some Fall decor for your house!  You know you want to...everyone has a little craftiness in them!  So I encourage you to try and make something beautiful and fun to decorate your home for the Fall season, and if you go to Hobby Lobby for any of your supplies, don't forget your coupon!  Have a happy Fall day!

No comments:

Post a Comment