Saturday, December 18, 2010

Shopping and Saving...two things I LOVE!

I made a little trip to Rite Aid this week and got a few good deals!  My husband was sweet enough to stop by Rite Aid while we were out running errands and he patiently sat in the car while I shopped.  I do love to save but I hope that I can get faster at figuring out my purchases.  I think I spent a good 30 minutes in the store and only came out with a little...but saving the money made it worth it!  So here is what I bought...

This is the fist time I have done 3 transactions in one visit to the store.  Thankfully the man at the counter was very patient and there was no one in line behind me! :)

1st transaction:
Colgate toothpaste

After coupons (no +UPS) my total = 79 cents
Plus I got back $3.50 in +UPS


2nd transaction:
Visine eye drops
Skittles

After coupons and $3.50 +UPS my total = 61 cents
Plus I got back $2 +UPS


3rd transaction:
(2) Blistex lip ointments

After coupons and $2 +UPS my total = 14 cents
Plus I got back $1 +UPS

Oh and I had a coupon to get Rite Aid's coupon book for free too!

So my total out of pocket expense was...$1.54
Plus I have $1 +UPS remaining

So technically I only spent 54 cents!  You can't beat that!  yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment